• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Saw The Who Last Night

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Great show at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville! Started out playing most of the songs from Tommy, complete with orchestra, then a bunch of their singles. Ended two hours later with songs from Quadrophenia. During the concert, Pete Townshend tripped and fell; jumped back up and kept going.

Normally don't like going to concerts because of the crowds, but this one was terrific! At the beginning, Townshend said he was glad to be in Nashville, but reckoned that just about everyone in the crowd was a better guitar player than him!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That sounds like a great show! Probably the closest to that show that we attended was the Rolling Stones on their "Bridges to Babylon." Were you allowed to take any pictures?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Not sure about allowing pictures, but I'm sure some folks did. We were in box seats quite a distance away, so I didn't bother - didn't even bring my phone in.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I have sort of rediscovered those guys through the wonders of Youtube, in addition to their big hits, which are staples of commercials and soundtracks to this day, Pete Townsend's demo's from Tommy and other albums are amazing, as are their live performances, all four (two now) were/are immensely talented.

Would love to see them live someday.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I have sort of rediscovered those guys through the wonders of Youtube, in addition to their big hits, which are staples of commercials and soundtracks to this day, Pete Townsend's demo's from Tommy and other albums are amazing, as are their live performances, all four (two now) were/are immensely talented.

Would love to see them live someday.

This is their "Moving On" tour. Looks like the closest they'll be to you is Dallas on Sept. 27 and Denver on the 29th.

Sidenote: Ringo Starr's son, Zak, is their drummer.