Thread: Saw The Who Last Night

The Pub is: Forum to generally shoot the breeze. It is NOT: a debate forum (NO Politics, religion, or controversial topics.) Keep it clean, fun and lite!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Saw The Who Last Night

Great show at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville! Started out playing most of the songs from Tommy, complete with orchestra, then a bunch of their singles. Ended two hours later with songs from Quadrophenia. During the concert, Pete Townshend tripped and fell; jumped back up and kept going.

Normally don't like going to concerts because of the crowds, but this one was terrific! At the beginning, Townshend said he was glad to be in Nashville, but reckoned that just about everyone in the crowd was a better guitar player than him!
    "There are three kinds of men. One who learns by readin'. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on that electric fence for themselves." Will Rogers
    Mickey Richaud '73 MGB, '69 MGB GT/V6, Victor TF
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Re: Saw The Who Last Night

That sounds like a great show! Probably the closest to that show that we attended was the Rolling Stones on their "Bridges to Babylon." Were you allowed to take any pictures?
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Not sure about allowing pictures, but I'm sure some folks did. We were in box seats quite a distance away, so I didn't bother - didn't even bring my phone in.
    "There are three kinds of men. One who learns by readin'. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on that electric fence for themselves." Will Rogers

Jedi Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Here I was thinking they were playing first base....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I have sort of rediscovered those guys through the wonders of Youtube, in addition to their big hits, which are staples of commercials and soundtracks to this day, Pete Townsend's demo's from Tommy and other albums are amazing, as are their live performances, all four (two now) were/are immensely talented.

Would love to see them live someday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glemon View Post
    I have sort of rediscovered those guys through the wonders of Youtube, in addition to their big hits, which are staples of commercials and soundtracks to this day, Pete Townsend's demo's from Tommy and other albums are amazing, as are their live performances, all four (two now) were/are immensely talented.

Would love to see them live someday.
    This is their "Moving On" tour. Looks like the closest they'll be to you is Dallas on Sept. 27 and Denver on the 29th.

Sidenote: Ringo Starr's son, Zak, is their drummer.