Thread: To Johnny who has posted an Article in the Articles Section about his German Exported

Forum to discuss Austin Healey Sports Cars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

To Johnny who has posted an Article in the Articles Section about his German Exported

Hello Johnny, you have posted an article in the articles section with questions about your German Exported Austin Healey. I have written a short article to direct your attention to this forum because I don't know how to reply to questions from an article. You asked about features of an original dashboard layout on an Austin Healey that would have been exported to Germany around 1963.
    I have attached some pictures of the dashboard of my 1963 BJ7 which was originally exported to Stuttgart. I hope they help to answer your questions. I chose to remove the vinyl from my dash. And welcome to the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    About TV Shows-
    "...you really can't restore a car in 10 days. I don't want to watch a race where people have to restore it in a week. It's not going to drive, and those cars never work. In real life, it takes years to get it right. " Jay Leno.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: To Johnny who has posted an Article in the Articles Section about his German Expo

Thank you "Vette" for the photos. I see my wiper switch is in the wrong place after all. Once again the BCF has rescued me. Does your car also have the other items I mentioned in the article?
    DSCN4183.jpg DSCN4180.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Re: To Johnny who has posted an Article in the Articles Section about his German Expo

Johnny, do you want my 62 MO plate? It looks like your YOM is 1962.
    Bob McElwee
    '62 AH Tri-Carb(sold)
    Miss BT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

My car has the steering column lock incorporating the ignition switch. It also has the Celsius water temp gauge. and the adjustable steering column. Many other similar items but you might suspect that things like light lens could be easily changed over the years.
    About TV Shows-
    "...you really can't restore a car in 10 days. I don't want to watch a race where people have to restore it in a week. It's not going to drive, and those cars never work. In real life, it takes years to get it right. " Jay Leno.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Bob, I know the car was built in late 1962, but it was sold as a 1963. Not exactly sure how that works as for as US licensing goes. Thanks for the offer Bob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

My car is also a German vehicle. I have the Celsius temp gauge, steering lock ( an NOS one in the box as well ) and the KPH speedo. So cool these things remain with the car. The car has the correct shrouds using dual lights front and back and uses hex knock offs instead of the winged style. It is a 1963 white with red interior originally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could you show some photos please? Especially interested in the twin lights you mention. Also a photo of the Heritage certificate? Do you have an extra dashboard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The car is still unrestored but here are the pics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Heres a pic of the rear lights. Hard to see it is in the barn. Also the heritage certificate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you, can't wait to see the car stripped down and cleaned up.