• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

"Intersection" in Ethiopia

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
No thanks:

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
So that is where the idea for roundabouts came from. At times a natural roundabout seems to form.
I saw a study somewhere that suggested that removing traffic signs may improve safety? Drivers rely on the signs and that other drivers will obey the sign.

David

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Admittedly, it does appear worse at what must be about double-time... but, still, I'll bet there are accidents all the time.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Here's Italy in real-time:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Oh, heck, while we're at it... Paris. It obviously looks worse sped up, the this sucker is wide and fairly chaotic too.
Thankfully, to get to visit the Arc, there is a pedestrian tunnel.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
was watching something recently and the narrator was travelling Paris in a 2CV he said that any accidents in the roundabout at the Arc de Triomphe is automatically No Fault.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I hate driving in Africa. It is atrocious. Being a foreigner is even worse because people will purposely try to hit you or crash into you so they can try to get money or kick backs. Police are worthless as well, language barrier is not your friend there, though knowing French goes a long long way. Have the embassy on speed dial for sure.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
China too can be "interesting", especially Shanghai. Amazingly, I saw only one small accident involving a car and a scooter. You actually drive better because you have to with nobody obeying signals - if there were any. Everyone trying to fake each other out.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
So THAT'S where NYC get their taxi drivers!