• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

You don't need GPS if you have one of these.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
I thought this topic was about my wife!!

(whom i love dearly, and kidding aside does make for a wonderful navigator!)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My dad always used me to navigate, I learned how to read maps when I was five or six. A lot of my early math was computing distances for him.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Like a lot of other things Map reading is becoming a lost art.

Today you get your maps like twitter. Tiny segments that may be useful.

David

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
GPS is great most of the time, but when it doesn't...like the time it took my friend Bob up a dirt road in Maine to a dead end with darkness falling. I still like to have a map with me when in a strange area. My wife has a smartphone so she's my Naviguesser these days.