• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New New Zealand member

bcthom

Freshman Member
Hi
Just signed up. I am in Christchurch New Zealand and always on the lookout for hints, tips and advice.
My TR2 restoration is about 75% completed. I have owned it for a few years and it was looking rather sad. I dismantled it a year or so ago and found lots of past damage and shoddy repairs. Chassis and body have both been straightened and painted. Left front suspension tower extensively repaired. All beyond my experience so was done by a professional. Now spent twice my budget. Starting the re-assembly. Thankfully the motor and drive-train in reasonable order so no significant money spent there. I will have to tolerate minor oil leaks for now.
Meanwhile my TR6 is sulking in the shed waiting its turn for repair.
Bryan

Attachments

• 20190313_131715.jpg
    20190313_131715.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 17

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the BCF Bryan! Looks like a nice project (but how do you keep it from ffalling off the wall :emmersed: )?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Bryan! Looks like a nice project (but how do you keep it from ffalling off the wall :emmersed: )?
Everybody knows that being "down under" makes the cars stick to the wall :D

Welcome to the BCF Bryan. When you get time hop over to the "Triumph" section and post any questions you have or help someone else with your expertise.
My wife an I spent some time in Christchurch last year... your city is wonderful! We also headed south to Akaroa and really liked that section of Canterbury.