• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Viewing trouble

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
The pub is the only forum I can view without getting this. 2647082F-881E-4AFB-A34E-6CFB9848364F.jpg

Help! I have logged out, closed and reopened Chrome and shut down and restarted my iPad. What next?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My phones been doing it the last few days, only site that's doing that.

Clear the browser cache / cookies on your phone's browser. I was doing some work on the site that caused that to happen and what you are seeing now is a "cached" version of the site.

D

Deleted member 8987

Hi David - that's probably because CCleaner clears the browser(s) cache data, cookies, history, etc.
Unless you move the cookies to the save side.
Options-Cookies, the ones in the box on the left get deleted (cookies on computer), either drag BCF (and anything else you want) to the right (cookies to keep), or highlight and click the right arrow between boxes.
Now is a good time to do it, after clearing everything, so you don't have thousands to go through.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Well I guess it worked so smoothly for me that I didn't even notice until this thread. Way to go Boss. Give yourself a first place.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I must have been logged on as you were working on it, saw the "directory" version once. Logged out, shut down Chrome and reopened, cleared cache/history, typed the HTTPS;// and got a blank screen. A bit later entered www.britishcarforum.com and saw the change-over addy. All went well after that. Nicely done!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I must have been logged on as you were working on it, saw the "directory" version once. Logged out, shut down Chrome and reopened, cleared cache/history, typed the HTTPS;// and got a blank screen. A bit later entered www.britishcarforum.com and saw the change-over addy. All went well after that. Nicely done!

Yep, most likely you accessed before I figured out all the bugs.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Only reason I noticed the change from http to https was because my links that I had already read (which turn red after clicking on them) were blue again....otherwise it was an invisible change.