• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sunday Night Question #1

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
What two movies would you pick as your favorite movies of all time?

ME:

1. Flight of the Phoenix (The Jimmy Stewart version)
2. It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
1. "The Quiet Man"
2. "Heaven Knows Mr. Allison"

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
"Mr. Smith Goes To Washington"
"The Quiet Man"

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Casablanca and Schindlerโ€™s List.

leecreek

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Little Big Man and The Great Escape

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Il Postino
Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eight Dimension

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'd probably have to go with:

Disney's animated Beauty And The Beast
The filmed version of Andrew Lloyd Weber's verion of Phantom Of The Opera

Country flag
Tough one.
Diamonds are Forever my favorite original Bond and Charles Gray is the best of those who played Blofeld
Bullitt McQueen car chase

BTW, anyone ever notice that in the first couple minutes when McQueen is pulling into the police parking that his XKSS is parked up the street??

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That is a hard decision. I'll temporarily say
Casablanca
African Queen
But that could change by tomorrow.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That is a hard decision. I'll temporarily say
Casablanca
African Queen
But that could change by tomorrow.

When I started seeing some of the others' movie suggestions I started thinking maybe I could change my mind too. Strategic Air Command and Mr Smith Goes to Washington are two favorites too. (Casablanca and African Queen are both high on my list too). I think I picked Flight of the Phoenix because I had seen it in theater when I was a pre-teen boy and it really had an impact on me about the resiliency and ingenuity of man in extreme adverse conditions. (Plus it had such an all-star cast). I've always thought Mad Mad World was one of the best comedies ever made with one of the most iconic gatherings of great comedians ever assembled in one movie. I saw it in theater as a young boy also and remember how everyone in the theater was laughing out loud.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Casablanca for certain, too many others to choose from! Mad, Mad World would be a contender. My Old Fella laughed so much thru that flic he had tears running down his face. Seeing him laugh at all was a rare occasion.

Country flag
I picked two, but I don't really have two over everything else. That's why I have a rack in the back of the room running about 6ft wide and 6ft tall with everything from current back to the 20s. Drama, musical, comedy and more, just depends on my mood at any one time when I'm picking.

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Last of the Mohicans
Dances with Wolves

My dad, always serious, absolutely loved John Belushi and laugh his way through the Blue Brothers - gotta be one of the top best five! Oh, how about 1941?