• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGA MGA turn signals

dwnuk

Freshman Member
Need help on getting front turn signals to work on my 1957 MGA. Ran over metal debris on the road and it cut the wires for my right front wiring. Connect the obvious cut wires but turn signals do not work. Only have two wires competing out of parking/turn signal, how do I connect the ground. Also cannot find the ground on the right front side. I feel the ground is the problem but any other advice is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• BC30A76F-E790-448E-90FD-29CA65907CD1.jpg
    BC30A76F-E790-448E-90FD-29CA65907CD1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 116

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ground should be established through the chassis. No "ground wire" per se. To determine if the bulb holder isn't getting good connection, run another wire from a solid point on the chassis to the bulb holder shell and see if the lights come on.

OP
D

dwnuk

Freshman Member
Two wires coming from the turn signal on right hand side. When I turn the lights on one wire is hot the other wire no power. I disconnected the no power wire to test and it did not effect the light being on. When I switched the turn signal on my test light connected to the non power wire blinked like a turn signal. When I reconnected the wires no turn signal light blinked but the test light still blinked. Since the left turn signal also does not work I don’t think it’s the bulbs. Also can’t find the ground doesn’t seem to be on the right side. Difficult to get at because of the radiator etc. any suggestions greatly appreciated.

barneymg

Freshman Member
Country flag
MGA front corner lamps should have three wires (including Black ground wire), but some replacement lamps in recent years only have two wires. Moss recently changed theirs to three wires.

With no ground wire, the fixture has to find ground through the mounting screws to the fender, kind of iffy once the rust bug sets in.

The front lens comes off with a push and twist anti-clockwise. Connect a jumper wire from the lamp shell to ground on the bumper to see if it lights up. Parking light power is red wire. Turn signal power is the striped wire. Check continuity from harness to lamp internal contacts (and the bulb of course).