• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Healey Forever

Freshman Member
Hello, I'm a new member of this forum and don't know why it took me so long to discover it. I'm an original owner of a 1964 BJ8 phase I. I bought the car in Ventura California before I met my wife. Thankfully, we're both still together. We Healeyed across America on our honeymoon in 1966 and moved to Boston. Massachusetts weather was tough on the car and in 1969 it was rusted out and worth $300 on KBB. What to do with a newborn in the household and a car not fit for a family. I was able to store it in my garage and over the years watched the KBB value grow. I had the rust taken out and repainted in 1978, and moved it to St. Louis in 1980. . Then back to California in 1987. Of course I know all the jokes and faults about Lucas parts and have certainly learned to be compassionate when my Healey is obstinate. My wife has also learned to be forgiving. I'm happy that I repeatedly raised my insurance to keep up with KBB. I look forward to contributing to the forum and responding to queries about what was original.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! Original owners are like unicorns! good on you for keeping it

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the forum HF! Like JP indicated, not many original owners around - you are in an elite club! Glad to have you aboard! Be sure to jump into the Austin Healey forum here!