Thread: SOVERN's Pacifc NW Vintage Racing Spring Sprints Season Opener

This forum is strictly for discussing racing, such as SCCA-style Road-Racing, AutoCross, and other styles of motorsports that are relevant to British Cars.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

SOVERN's Pacifc NW Vintage Racing Spring Sprints Season Opener

Big Healey racing at Seattle's Pacific Raceway, GoPro battery died after the first 2 laps, finished 2nd overall and first in class FIA G2.

Dougie
    '65 BJ8 3000 MKIII GN.29
    '57 100-SIX MM Vintage Racer GN.1 #414
    Team Healey PDX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: SOVERN's Pacifc NW Vintage Racing Spring Sprints Season Opener

Thanks for the video, I was wondering what the far side of the track looked like. I was there for a SOVERN race several years ago and didn't hike down there. Between races a line of spectators formed to go across the track. I asked what the story was, seems the "big bore" class was racing next. Spectators were headed down to turn 2 to watch the carnage.
    ex spec5 Mark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: SOVERN's Pacifc NW Vintage Racing Spring Sprints Season Opener

Dougie,
    This brought back great memories. I drove a Formula Ford, then a production Capri in the NW while stationed at McChord AFB in Tacoma, 1977-1981. I called Seattle my home track and loved the elevation change. The International Conference of Sports Car Clubs was much more active than SCCA in the NW at the time. Sears Point and Laguna Seca were close enough for a once-a-year trip to run SCCA. My favorite track was Westwood, just east of Vancouver BC and the most unusual experience (old school) was running the airport at Deer Park, just west of Spokane. My wife dreads me going to a vintage race these days and coming home talking about adopting a 914, TR4, or MGB. She never complained about the cost of racing, but didn't like the time required between races. Occasionally these days, I'll get a little closer to the track by flagging.
    Keep those videos coming!
    Jim Farris
    56 TR3 - Salvador Blue
    73 TR6 - Pimento
    13 Mini Cooper S Bayswater Edition - Blue