• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Old Guy Yakima, WA

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Shives

Welcome to the forum.

The MGB is a great car.

You should look in the MG section of the forum where you may find one for sale or someone could help you find one.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Happy to have you aboard! Do you (or have you ever) had any other British cars, or would this MG be your first venture into the world of Little British cars?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The Red Car was a huge influence on me as well! As it was for many; I wonder if Stanford ever dreamed of the impact he would have on the British car industry...

Welcome to the party!

Mickey

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Shives - welcome to BCF. I got my start with an MGB myself. Then moved on to other "interesting" rolling bundles of steel.

If "The Red Car" piqued your interest, you might also want to take a look at the car the book describes, the MG-TC.

1947 MGTC.jpg

Or the slightly later MG-TD:

ebay490781.jpg

Or even the car which just preceded the MGB, the MGA:

1960  MGA.jpg

Anyway, good to have you with us. You can post specific MG questions over in the BCF MG area:

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?17-MG

Tom M.

OP
S

Shives

Freshman Member
Happy to have you aboard! Do you (or have you ever) had any other British cars, or would this MG be your first venture into the world of Little British cars?
I do not have any British cars. I once had a 1958 Nash Metropolitan.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I remember reading that book from the school library a LONG time ago - although I was too young to buy any car (much less an MG) it definately opened my eyes to a world beyond the traditional American muscle cars that I also couldn't afford.....