Thread: Hello and Greetings from Arizona

Hey New Members! This New Member Introduction Forum is where you can post an introduction message to introduce yourself to the group here!

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello and Greetings from Arizona

Greetings from Arizona - I am a new member that earlier this year purchased a 1986 Jaguar XJ6, Series Three Vanden Plas (picture attached). So far my experience has been positive - this was a "must have" car that had to wait till retirement caught up to me. While no friend or family member encouraged the purchase - I remained unanimous in my decision to make the dream car a reality. When you do something like this, and minor mechanical challenges arise - my advice is to not complain - at least out loud.
    My first purchase related to this car was to buy a competent "volt-ohm" meter. I use it. I have overcome climate control operation, temper mental headlights and understand the "Kiekert" door locking system better than I ever wanted to. $$
    Growning up, cars like this were no stranger to me and my siblings. We would watch my dad work on bug-eye sprites (the first car I ever drove) MG-TD's, one TR4-A and a red Triumph Spitfire. None of them ran perfectly all the time - but I'd go on amazing test drives.
    Well, thanks for inviting me into the Forum - it has already been a handy reference as I sort out cruise control issues, try to figure out what really is a "ski slope" and what the heck is an "escutcheon".
    Inspiration: Returning from getting fuel a couple of weeks ago - a young kid (in his twenties) riding in the car next to me, rolled down the window and hung out to his chest, waving both hands with thumbs up. I lowered the window and he shouted "Hey man, now that's a real classic - a beautiful, beautiful car!" So you see, there's hope that these cars will again pass to a younger generation - and not just be owned by guys like me - with grey hair and a snappy volt-ohm meter. David
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dpcessna120; 04-23-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Re: Hello and Greetings from Arizona

Welcome neighbor (I"m next door in NM). We used to have an XJ6 as our every day driver. Loved that car! Would not mind getting another one some day!
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

Obi Wan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Re: Hello and Greetings from Arizona

Hello David

Welcome to the forum.

Great looking XJ6.

The Pub is an area of the forum where almost anything comes up for discussion.

David
    TR3A TS75524L