• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from Ohio

Bud Jaworski

Freshman Member
Hello everyone. My name is Bud and I have been an owner of a British car for approximately 9 years. The "itch" began in 1968 when my dad agreed to get my cousins 60 MGA in running condition. I was 16 at the time. Now, many, many years later I decided to get away from Detroit Iron that I played with over the years and go back to a secret passion called MG's. In 2000, I bought a 1969 MGB convertible that needed a bit of work but the bug had already set in. Loved the car but started to look a bit and kind of fell in love with the looks of the GTs. I found a "project car", a 1970 MGB GT, about an hour away and went to take a look. I was not really interested in another "project" car but I figured, what the heck. What I found was a roller that had not been put back together since it was painted 37 years ago. Had no transmission, no engine, not much of an interior, no glass, no bumpers, no good tires or wheels...pretty much a shell. The car was originally owned by an MG racer named John Targett who stripped it down and had never done much else after he had it painted Damask Red. One BIG thing that it did not have was rust, nowhere! The person that had the car bought it off of John's estate after his death from cancer and was instrumental in getting it road worthy. I remember driving it home in the cold with the seats not bolted in, old tires, and I had a grin on my face from ear to ear. I have done much with the car in the last 3 years and feel I could go anywhere in the country (don't know if the wife agrees). At 67, I am retired now and have quite a bit of time to work on it, as long as I get my "honey do" list done first. There still is a tremendous amount of things that I will need to learn and advice I need to receive so I am happy to join this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_9661.JPG
    IMG_9661.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9559 (2).JPG
    IMG_9559 (2).JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3125.JPG
    IMG_3125.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 15

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Bud - that is a *great looking* GT, inside and out. Congratulations!

Also, looks like two happy people standing there.

Good to have you with us.
Tom M.