• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I know where that lost wrench went!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
And as I understand it, our entire solar system would fit in that black center!

Country flag
Pulled my battery out of the 100-6 yesterday and there was the wrench I lost four years ago when we still lived in Maryland. It was like finding an old friend!

Last edited:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I was reading up on this yesterday. It is pretty amazing to see and it further confirms Einstein's general theory of relativity. I also read that the information to form the image used up five petabytes of storage.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I was reading up on this yesterday. It is pretty amazing to see and it further confirms Einstein's general theory of relativity. I also read that the information to form the image used up five petabytes of storage.

That's a serious amount of data! 5000 Terabytes!

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Here's the rest of the photo:

Black Hole.JPG

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
LOLOL Love it!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

That's a serious amount of data! 5000 Terabytes!

Are those anything like a trilobite?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
yup

trilobite.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bas, that was a pretty good video, he actually did a good job of explaining what is going on in the image we have seen and of course he was right because he was using relativity to explain what the image would look like and the image appears just as Einstein theorized it would.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It was interesting that there was not much new but just more confirmation of what they theorized. When one of the scientists was asked "what did you learn from it?" his response was "Einstein was right again."