• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

You have another new member !

Mark H.

Freshman Member
The name is Mark, and I came upon this web site while trying to figure out the difference between an SU (HIF 44) carb and an SU (HIF 6) carb.
As I understand it, the difference is slight.
I'm working on getting a Triumph TR-6 running and street worthy again.
I had turbocharged it many years ago.(Kastner kit)
It's a real fun car, and I'm pleased to be a part of this group.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad you found us, Mark! YOu will find we have a very active Triumph forum here with many very helpfult fellow TR owners!

Country flag
Welcome to the Forum!!

FarrellV

Freshman Member
Hi, I am a new member and hopeful this forum will be a good source of information to help me keep my 73 TR6 running sweetly! Regards Farrell

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi, I am a new member and hopeful this forum will be a good source of information to help me keep my 73 TR6 running sweetly! Regards Farrell

Hi to you too Farrell! You have found the right place to help keep your TR6 running smoothly! As I mentioned to Mark, we have a very active Triumph forum!

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I am not an expert on the two carbs but I think one is adjustable and the HIF is limited adjustment. The HIF came out after smog requirements.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! hope you get the answers. Is this a conversion? I thought Triumph's had strombergs?