• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

From forest to battle field, 1918.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Handley Page and Caproni bombers, Curtiss flying boats, and various single engine biplanes, built in the USA. From living trees to "fighting the Hun", and all stages in between.

Some of the best period manufacturing scenes I've ever found. Note the testing of radio equipment toward the end of the film.

Tom M.
(the sound track is ... interesting)

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Great video/film.

Think of the glue they were using. No Polyurethane glue there.

I have used one of those filing machines.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Good stuff. Obviously well before OSHA, too.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Great film Tom, thanks for posting. Reminds me when I flew up to Cole Palens in Rinebeck NY back in 65, spent the whole day there looking at his planes. Back then I was allowed to set in some of them, nice people! I assume today it's basically a museum where they fly some of the aircraft for display, haven't been there in years. Made my Stearman look like something from the jet age! :highly_amused: His place really took you back in time. :encouragement: