• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

While We Wait for the NTSB Report

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
After a British Airways flight had reached its cruising altitude, the Captain announced:

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain. Welcome to flight 293 non-stop from London Heathrow to Toronto. The weather ahead is good, so we should have a smooth, uneventful flight. So sit back, relax and ... OH, MY GOD!" ... A scream, then silence followed.

Some moments later, the Captain came back on the intercom:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry if I scared you. While I was talking to you, a flight attendant accidentally spill a cup of hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!"

One passenger yelled.. "For Christ's sake ... you should see the back of mine!!!"

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:highly_amused:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I think we call that a "brown trousers moment."

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
After take off, this announcement came over the PA: :This is the newest airplane out. It is fully automated and computerized. You have nothing to worry about, nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong.........

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
This is your Captain speaking, my name is "HAL"!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
But don't call me shirley

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Pilot: "Sorry folks. It seems we have lost an engine, but fortunately we have three more. But it will take an additional hour to reach our destination."

Pilot: "Sorry again, folks. We have lost a second engine. We have two more, but we will fly a little slower, so we will be two hours late on arrival."

Pilot: "Hi everyone, it's me again. We lost engine number three. Don't worry, we are safe to fly on one engine, but it will be slow. Our arrival will be three hours late."

Little old lady sitting next to me: "Boy, I hope we don't lose the fourth engine. We'll be up here forever!!"

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Pilot, upon landing at New York JFK for the first time: "Co-pilot, let's be careful on this approach. I hear the runway is quite short."
Co-pilot: "Roger that."
Pilot, landing the plane... applies full brakes, full reverse thrust, speed brakes... "Boy this runway is REALLY short!"
Copilot: "Roger that. But w-i-d-e!"