• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Gullwing at Twilight

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I "cut the cord" from cable TV a few years ago and am still learning to navigate the waters of streaming and free TV. Discovered a service called TV Plus Free TV, they have many channels catering to very diverse interests. One of the channels is called "Chassis".

Couple days ago I watched "A Gullwing at Twilight" a fairly recent documentary about John Fitch's attempt to break a class record at Bonneville. The show also explores Fitch's life and Motorsports history leading up to the run. Nice show, would recommend catching it if you can.

Right now I am watching a documentary on the VW bug. I swear half the people I know around my age learned to drive on a VW bug.

Edit: I guess TV Plus is a Samsung Smart TV thing, still, probably other options to watch these shows as well.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sounds like you found a good thing. I watch a lot of documentaries on Amazon and Netflix now that I don't have cable.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
John Fitch was a real American hero. P51 fighter pilot, racer, car designer and inventor of the highway crash barrier. I was fortunate to watch him race at Lime Rock a few times and meet him. Above all, he was a gentleman. Here's the documentary.[video]https://tubitv.com/movies/458326/a_gullwing_at_twilight[/video]

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
John was a client of our office when he lived in Stamford. My dad represented him when he bought and sold his house on Fifth St. I'll never forget touring Lime Rock on the back of his Vespa (or Lambretta) back in the 1950s. I last saw him at the Greenwich Concours a few years ago. I don't think he remembered me. Quite a guy.