• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fuel For Chainsaws

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I had to get the chainsaws out the other day, put fuel in them and they ran poorly when putting the power to them they would die. dumped the gas out of them and also dumped the gas in the can out, it wasn't that old and dumped it in one of the old tractors. The gas was ethanol. Had this problem with our small trim mower and switched to non-eth and it's been running perfectly ever since. I filled the gas can with a 50-2 one mix of non-eth and now the saws run like a champ! :encouragement: Posted, just in case the problem sounds familiar to some of you. PJ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Oh yeah. Have an older, non-runnung hand-me-down Homelite weed whacker here. Replaced the carb and fuel tank when I got it, run non-ethanol mixed 50:1. Starts and runs every time.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I only need it occasionally so I buy Trufuel. It’s 50/1 mix and ethanol free.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I try to run 100% gas in all of my stuff with the one exception being the Toyota. My Caddy and my pickup run like crap if they get filled up with ethanol, and the stuff is just hard on my weed eater and mower.