• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Longtime owner new member

Country flag
Greetings all! What took me so long? I've owned my '72 TR6 since 1980. It has been on the road every summer except one. I have learned lots and lots about auto mechanics with this one. It is basically all original equipment, with some necessary replacements, like the top, carpet and door gaskets, valve springs, brakes, and just last summer new tires! Yes the original Michelins were still rolling, but safety got the better part of my mind and I had them replaced, with the original style Coker redlines. Did I mention the dash board has also been replaced, carbs and front suspension rebuilt, rusted gas tank epoxy lined and a couple u-joints replaced? Or the seat diaphragms? Had 3-4 breakdowns along the way, but I think that only a few that come to mind over the course of almost 40 years, that isn't too bad. It has just under 50,000 miles, so it isn't driven a lot, but maybe with the new tires... Well, maybe not considering that is still the original radiator... The body needs "restoration". Some rust starting to show and the dark blue paint has dulled. (Does anyone have a daily driver rear center bumper for sale?) Overall it has been a fun car to drive around.
Thanks for letting me in the forum! I hope to be of some use as well as learn more about these cars. Other interests? In 1979 I bought a 1971 26 ft fiberglass sailboat which I still have on Lake Michigan (41st season!), and 2 years ago I picked up a 1958 16ft runabout with a 1966 Evinrude 40 HP electric shift engine. Learning a lot with this one too.
Ok, I'll be chatting with ya! Cheerio!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Dan. Welcome to the British Car Forum. You'll find plenty of help whenever you may need it or you can offer help to others. Visit the "Triumph" section when you get time. I happen to have a rear center bumper for your car.... it has the license plate light mounted in the center of the bumber-- right?
You can contact me via the "Private Messages" section located on the links at the top of the British Car Forum header (third from left).

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Dan,
Here's the drawing of the rear bumper section that I have:
Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 4.59.54 PM.jpg