• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Could I interest you in a cup of coffee?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks for spilling the beans.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Good answer. LOL

"The item in question is a specially manufactured electronic water-heater that plugs into aircraft systems. Because it connects to the aircraft, replacements require FAA airworthiness certification. The Air Force has purchased 391 of these items since 2016 at a total cost of $326,785 …"

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Nothing to see here; move along. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Nothing to see here; move along. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

droid.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
One word: Thermos.

CaptRandy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Have had my Aladin thermos for over 50 years now and it still knows hot from cold. Used it on small boat duty and on the lighthouse.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Have had my Aladin thermos for over 50 years now and it still knows hot from cold. Used it on small boat duty and on the lighthouse.

I have my newish one, I got it fifteen or so years ago from my ex-wife and my old one that has the big cork for the stopper. Both of them work really well, though when I use the old one it works best if I soak the cork overnight first so it doesn't leak.

Country flag
" the Air Force published a public-affairs story lauding a 3D-printing innovation one of its squadrons made to develop a cheaper solution to the problem of the cup's handles breaking off.
"

$1280 and the freaking handles break off requiring complete replacement?? For that price I'd expect to drop it out the window, while flying, and have it not break...