• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Swallow Doretti

2long

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I liked this shot of my latest project, finally going again!

Attachments

• Doretti3.jpg
    Doretti3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 185

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
gorgeous!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nice!

OP

2long

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi RIck:

The car has been on the island since the 50s, after being sold new in Fla. I got it in 2016 from the 101 year old widow of the owner who brought it to Hawaii from Fla. in the late 50s. He was a decorated Navy veteran from WW11, Korea and Viet Nam and is buried at Arlington. He cared for the car really well. He and I were friends, as his Doretti and my TR2 shared parts and lineage. He laid it up as his health failed and it sat in a garage for about 25 years before I got it. A pack of his chewing tobacco is still in the door pocket. It is partly a survivor from a 60s era restoration (body and seats), partly a restoration by me of the suspension, drivetrain, wiring harness and dash, and partly a work in progress. I really like this car as a contrast to the TR2, which was built at just the same time.

Dan

Attachments

• Doretti4.jpg
    Doretti4.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 161

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Great story, Dan. Have you been in touch with Tom Householder?

Also, don't know if you've seen the Doretti illustration done by my friend David Townsend, it really is stunning.

Swallow-Doretti-web-ndxzik0nrkvnee121mkv0lkyaddlcmqw9h4xp4rp38.jpg

One of the joys of retirement is I get to run away from winter in New England and spend some time on Oahu. (here now until April) Just wish Alaska Air would let me bring my bugeye as a carry-on.

OP

2long

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Yes Rick, Tom Householder is my “Doretti whisperer” and his help and advice has been invaluable.
Since you are in town, our annual car show at the very nice Convention Center is on March 29-31, and our classic car club (AACA) has a booth in a prime spot next to the “exotics”. Perhaps I can show you around and host you to a beer at my place beforehand? I got some British iron in the garage (TR2/Doretti), and there’s a bugeye down the street from me! I will send contact info by message.
Dan

OP

2long

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
The Doretti gets to step out this weekend at our annual Auto Show:

Attachments

• Show 2019 2.jpg
    Show 2019 2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 157