• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Trivia Team

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Trivia Night at our club. One of our team members has a Volvo 1800 ES wagon - the same type I checked out for a Texas bidder at the Greenwich Concourse auction last June. Our team was tied for first place going into the last question - like Final Jeopardy. You can go for up to 20 points, but whatever you choose is subtracted from your score if you are wrong. We blew it and lost $444.00 first prize money and finished out of the 2nd & 4rd place $$ also. Here's the question: From north to south latitude, put the following cities in order: Pittsburgh, Denver, New York City and Salt Lake City. No peeking or Googling allowed.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Denver is on I-70, which runs very nearly along a line of latitude and south of all the others, so it's farthest south. New York is farthest north. Without looking, I'm not sure whether Pittsburgh is north of SLC, but I kind of think so.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I think it would be Salt Lake City, then probably NYC, but maybe Pittsburg, then Denver.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I would bet Salt Lake, Pittsburgh, New York then Denver?

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City and Denver. The first 3 are very close - all in the 40 degree range. Denver is about the same latitude as Virginia. That's the way the final Trivia questions work. One, maybe 2 easier choices and 2 hard ones. You have to guess.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Be ready for next week's finals... substitute altitude for latitude, in descending order for the same four cities. :wink:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Be ready for next week's finals... substitute altitude for latitude, in descending order for the same four cities. :wink:

I'm thinking this one will be Denver, SLC, Pittsburgh, NYC.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well, I have some of it figured out, San Juan is below to the Southeast and Anchorage is above to the Northwest, their somewhere in between! Guaranteed! :encouragement::highly_amused: