• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Alfa Spider For Sale

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Cheap!! Only $11,750.00 on eBay, no kidding! I'll have to look into this, must be something hidden in it! :highly_amused: PJ

View attachment 57807

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
"That'll buff right out" -- John Candy in Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Don't you dare! It's patina. It's only original once

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
OMG! How do you let a car get into that condition? My late Alfa racing friend Jim is spinning in his grave over the sight of that.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
OMG! How do you let a car get into that condition? My late Alfa racing friend Jim is spinning in his grave over the sight of that.

IIRC when Tony was still alive he had a car (maybe his daughter's?) that was similar - the culprit was a number of years under a plastic/non breathing tarp). Unless of course he stored it in a lake.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It's a bargain compared to this one for $9,500:

s-l500.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Holy Moly John! That isn't even a car anymore.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I had 4 friends who owned these Giuliettas in 1956-1958. Two raced them successfully. Way ahead of British iron at the time.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Now that's what I call a restoration. But I'm amazed at what some restorers here do with rusted TRs. Only problem - they won't get $4 Million for their work. My rust restoration work began and ended with a new piece of sheet metal under the battery box of the TR6.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I guessed at who had the car for sale. I was right.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
As usual, the comments were hilarious.This one makes the first Giulietta look like a Pebble Beach winner. Who'll step up and make an offer?

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Was it Doc?