• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Yesterday's adventure

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Took Diesela down to Sarasota to meet up with my pal and old partner. He's got a gig working on a private 'collection'. Got to pull the front wheels & hubs off a 1926 Franklin to begin a complete brake resto.

What a MONSTER! But the drums/hubs were about of the same engineering as one would expect to find on more modern cars with four wheel drum brakes. Just much bigger.

A wheel and tire on that thing weigh as much as I do.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Took Diesela down to Sarasota to meet up with my pal and old partner. He's got a gig working on a private 'collection'. Got to pull the front wheels & hubs off a 1926 Franklin to begin a complete brake resto.

What a MONSTER! But the drums/hubs were about of the same engineering as one would expect to find on more modern cars with four wheel drum brakes. Just much bigger.

A wheel and tire on that thing weigh as much as I do.

sounds like fun - any chance of sneaking a pic or two?

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Photos of the various parts as a before-and-after record are being taken, I'll snipe a couple of those and post.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Brake master cylinder and a wheel cylinder. The whole system is FUBAR, but surprisingly the wheel cylinders are available through NAPA! Not so much the master. And the crud is through the whole system. Needs one new everything, lines included.

Master cylinder:

Frank66.jpg

Wheel cylinder (left front):
Frank5.jpg
Master internal bits:
Frank7.jpg