• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member, from Canada

ChrisWalker

Freshman Member
I have owned my 1979 Spitfire since it was new Aug 15, 1979. It has about 85000 Kilometers on it. I does have a rebuilt motor (the original failed due to a mechanics error) that is uprated from the original 8.3:1 compression, dual SU carbs, headers. I have recently retired and now will have mor time to enjoy it. I have embarked on a full suspension rebuilt including ball joints, tie Rod ends,bushings, new wheel bearings, new hardware all around, new discs, calipers, drums, shoes just about everything. As I encounter new challenges, I go looking on the internet. I hope that I can glean advice from members here. My first contribution will be in terms of paint. My car is Russet Brown. I am sur ethat mnay of you will know the paint code of 205. Well, I seems that a lot of cars were also painted The Rover Colour Russet Brown, code 318.

At long last, touchup/respray pant that is the right colour.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome fellow ontarian! Though I had to look up spring bay. Welcome indeed and we have a member on St Joseph’s Isalnd - so close