• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pucker factor

LionelJrudd

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Looks like a small version of Hong Kong where you drop through the gap in the mountains and then look into the windows of high rise accommodation before the wheels touch down. Good video.

catfood

Jedi Knight
When my son was in his early teens he had the opportunity to go on a school trip to Nepal and which included trek to Everest base camp. He was always a fearful flyer. We thought it best not to tell him before he went he would be flying into Luka airport. Was that cruel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKED_3FA7c4

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Experienced Hong Kong from a passenger seat in a 747... once.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
When my son was in his early teens he had the opportunity to go on a school trip to Nepal and which included trek to Everest base camp. He was always a fearful flyer. We thought it best not to tell him before he went he would be flying into Luka airport. Was that cruel?

Brother in Law did that a couple years ago. Some one posted in the comment:

pilot: "I'm going around."

Tower: "Ok, cleared to die"

catfood

Jedi Knight
So, how did he feel after landing at Lukla?

He said the worst part about it was there was a mix up before he got there. He had to wait with one teacher (all the rest had gone on an earlier flight) for two hours before flying out. He tried to distract himself by taking photos out the window but he said he felt sick at the thought. He's a lot better at flying now though - kill or cure?