• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any r/v people here?

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Was wondering if anyone on here has an r/v and to what extent do you do it. We've had numerous over the years and decided to go for it. As soon as we can make most of our car collection disappear we'll be nearly fulltime. We bought a 40ft Monaco Dynasty. Slides and tons of gadgets. Holds 140 gals of diesel and at approx 10 mpg we can cover some ground. If I could post pics I would.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Good to see you Jack - seems like it's been a while. We've never had a real RV but we did have a Ford Econoline stretch camper van for several years. Sort of a micro-RV I guess but it did have a shower and toilet, refrigerator and stove, etc. Slept 4 comfortably. It was a lot of fun. Lately we have been discussing getting a small pull-behind camper for short trips to go camping.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
No RV here, for us it's more about the destination than it is about the journey. If it can't be done in one of the LBC's, the alternative is an aircraft or train. We've watched friends get RV's of various types, use them enthusiastically for a while and then have them sit static, need maintaining and repair, only to diminish in value over time.

Admiration for those who make a lifestyle of rolling around in one, though. It takes dedication.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
25' Rockwood Mini Lite travel trailer here. Bought it last year to replace an older one. We started out years ago tent camping, then pop-ups, then took a break for a while. Now that we're retired we plan to do more travel, as we really enjoy the experience.

Tried to upload a picture, but no joy this morning. Anyway, here's a link to one like we have now:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2019-Forest-River-Rockwood-Mini-Lite-2509S-5004457597

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
We've been all over the country in our VW Eurovan Camper with sink, stove, frig, furnace and a bucket. 2 months seems to be about as long as we care to live in a van with those longer trips before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. During the summer we poke around neighboring states. Winters with cold and short light leave it parked as we are more camping than living in a RV. But I love just driving around seeing the country and meeting all sorts of different people. We usually have a destination in mind but travel without reservations as plans seem to change daily. Enjoy your new ride.
IMG_1254.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
No RV here, for us it's more about the destination than it is about the journey. If it can't be done in one of the LBC's, the alternative is an aircraft or train. We've watched friends get RV's of various types, use them enthusiastically for a while and then have them sit static, need maintaining and repair, only to diminish in value over time.

Admiration for those who make a lifestyle of rolling around in one, though. It takes dedication.

A neighbor at the end of our street has a large Airstream sitting in the driveway that we had never seen moved from there. They eventually got rid of it. That said, we do enjoy camping and may get a small pull behind trailer that could be towed with the Santa Fe.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
We RV a bit, certainly not a lifestyle thing.

DSCN2135 (2) (1280x961).jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I like to travel in either my Caddy or my pick-up. I have thought of building a camper on the back of my pick-up but I don't have a desire to own a big RV.
My mother bought a 25' RV trailer a couple of years ago. It sits out back at my house. I'm waiting for her to decide she doesn't need it and sell the thing.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Something about RV stories reminds me about the guy who says the day he bought his boat was the second happiest day in his life.

His *happiest* day? The day he finally found someone to buy it.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I guess we're weird. We love owning it and have done a ton of updating and remodeling. When we go to our storage bin to do anything to it we just want to go. We have options for towing too. We have one we can flat tow, a new dilly to tow whatever and a car trailer also. Maintainable is fairly easy especially since those big turbo diesels have a long life.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I guess we're weird. We love owning it and have done a ton of updating and remodeling. When we go to our storage bin to do anything to it we just want to go. We have options for towing too. We have one we can flat tow, a new dilly to tow whatever and a car trailer also. Maintainable is fairly easy especially since those big turbo diesels have a long life.

Nothing weird about it. I know lots of people who have RVs and love em. If you get enjoyment from it that's all that matters.