• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Amelia Island or Bust

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
That's the title of a Hagerty Touring Series drive that will start from Allentown, PA on March 2, and use back roads to work down to the Concourse at Amelia Island, FL by 3/7. Being insured by Hagerty IS NOT a requirement (I'm not). The drive is organized and led by Brad Phillips with arrangements & route book by Dave Hord of Classic Car Adventures. On 1/13 brad posted this info-
"The basics! Event registration page should be up soon. We have hotels and the route lined up, as usual you just need to have your arrangements made once you get to Amelia Island, our hotels will get you to that point. Here are the broad strokes, we do back roads between each stop and have collection visits and museum stops along the way already set up. Everyone gets a route book, and this tour is designed to be a low pressure celebration of fun cars, roads, and fun people.
There is a group that is driving from Cape Cod, MA down to PA, as well as a group leaving the Eastern Shore of MD on the 2nd if youā€™d like to join any initial caravans before the ā€œofficialā€ start.
March 2nd: Meet in Allentown, PA
March 3rd: Allentown, PA to Manassas, VA
March 4th: Manassas, VA to Galax, VA
March 5th: Galax, VA to Maggie Valley, NC
March 6th: Maggie Valley, NC to Lake Oconee, GA
March 7th: Lake Oconee, GA to Amelia Island, FL
More to come, but this will be our biggest one yet. This may be the inaugural long distance run for my ā€˜66 Sunbeam Tiger since being put back together this year- if you know what youā€™re driving, letā€™s see it!"

Steph & I did the run last year and it was a great time; we plan on going this year too. Since you can join/leave at any point, this year we'll go as far as Maggie Valley, NC. (Last year went as far as Asheville, NC.)

I have no interest in anything but driving the Daimler, meeting fun enthusiasts, and seeing the countryside.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Dale - stay in touch. We may be able to hook up between Galax and Lake Oconee.

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Mickey-We're going to bail at Maggie Valley. Friends from our driving club in a 356 (or maybe their Morgan) will be along with us & that's as far as either of us wants to go. We will be close, though. Is the Blount/Townsend show at the same motel prop as when we attended a few years ago?

dale

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yep - Talley Ho Inn in Townsend. Saturday, May 11.

PM sent.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Will they be coming through Roanoke?

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
For any of you souls that make it all the way to Amelia, stop by and say hello. I'll be there with a couple of colleagues.
Porsche Track Experience will one of our GT3RS cars at Werks Reunion. I will be at NAS Mayport supporting part of the Amelia Rally Drive with a variety of cars doing an autocross and launch control demo. Unfortunately, we won't have access to the 5,500 ft taxiway we used the last two years. We also won't have a car at Cars & Coffee, so I'l just be another pretty face wandering about gawking at cars.
Jim Farris