• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Good Wife's Guide

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I'll probably have to change my address and leave town for posting this, but I thought some of the guys would appreciate it. :devilgrin:

Sorry about the poor print.

View attachment 57089

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yeah, you better lay low!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Paul,
It was nice knowing you :devilgrin:

catfood

Jedi Knight
I must be doing something wrong somewhere, most of those seem to come under my remit! :confusion::confusion::confusion:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yeah, so far none of the women I have known have measured up to this, I think that's why I am divorced.

Awhile back the teacher across the hall from me was reading a dystopian novel in which women were rationed how many words they could speak everyday. When she first told me the premise I told her that I thought she was confusing dystopian for utopian.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My Wife's getting ornery in her old age -
she wouldn't even warm my truck up this morning.
And talk about selfish - she cleaned the snow
off of HER car,but not MY truck.What nerve!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I must be doing something wrong somewhere, most of those seem to come under my remit! :confusion::confusion::confusion:

Amen, brother. This AM I went out and cleared the dew from Herself's car windows before She left for work. I always greet her at the door when she returns. I do a major part of the cooking... GAWD! I'm a WUSS!!!

This means for the last forty years I've been doing this man thing all wrong!

How humiliating. :smirk:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Country flag
Amen, brother. This AM I went out and cleared the dew from Herself's car windows before She left for work. I always greet her at the door when she returns. I do a major part of the cooking... GAWD! I'm a WUSS!!!

This means for the last forty years I've been doing this man thing all wrong!

Naw, you're just suffering from puppy syndrome. Only need to worry if you start scratching at the door to be let out into the garage to play...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thinkin' on this further, there's a bit of role reversal here. Th' 'mits is the one who bags-n-drags the vittles, she keeps an accordion file full of coupons and attacks a grocery store as if on a mission, with delight! BOGO's are her fave. She actually came home once having been PAID $2.00 for shopping $50.00 worth of grub! I've NO patience for the job; Go in, grab the items and get through checkout ASAP.
I'm the one to fire up the charcoal gill and cook her kills. She does make a killer chili, tho.

When we first got together back in the late '70's, I made the offer that I'd pay the rent if she'd buy the food... she had NO idea what she'd done when agreeing. A joke in my (big Italian) family when I was a teen was when prepping Sunday's fete for twenty, make two pounds of spaghetti. One for the crowd, one for me. That has only slightly diminished over the years. Now, the Christmas Eve dinner is celebrated in Miami with Her fam, the fare is Eastern European rather than Italian. Pierogies and borscht. Most folks will have a bowl of the borscht and six or seven pierogie... ummm... two bowls of soup and two dozen of the "Uki ravioli" for moi. It's a delight we only get once a year, I make the most of it!

Last evening's dinner was a pound of tortellino (pre-packaged, scored by Herself with a "half-off" coupon of course!), in red sauce with meatballs. She had a serving, I had the rest.

...my name is Entropy. And I'm a foodie... :wink:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I made a chicken linguine alfredo last night. When I was married I thought cooking was hard because the ex always let on that it was, now I know she was lying for all those years. Living on my own but still having children to cook for has made me learn to cook and I have found it be both easy and fun.

Country flag
I tend not to cook for others, barely manage for myself. I find getting all the waiver of responsibility forms signed and notarized before eating to be just more than I can handle...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol: Geez, Mike! Live onna wild side! Eschew all th' legal stuff and simply consider how much safer you are than the Japanese fugu eaters!

Walt said:
Living on my own but still having children to cook for has made me learn to cook and I have found it be both easy and fun.

I truly enjoy doing the cooking.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Not surprisingly, we do a lot of Cajun/Creole cooking. Have some excellent recipes: Crawfish linguine, crawfish chowder, shrimp Creole, seafood gumbo, chicken & sausage gumbo, etc., etc. We both cook and have our individual specialties and kitchen rituals.

Oh, and crawfish enchiladas - WOW! Mexicajun!

Hmmm... gives me an idea: Crawfish posole....

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Mickey, I never would have pegged you for a crawdad kinda guy.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mickey, I never would have pegged you for a crawdad kinda guy.

The wife and I can down several pounds of boiled crawfish in a sitting. We usually boil a sack or two several times a year and what we don't eat right away we peel and freeze for some of the above dishes and more.