• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

One of my favorite British shows!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I was browsing around YouTube and ran across full episodes of "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin". Back in the day, this show was on PBS and my wife and I always loved it. Haven't seen it in years!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Th' Beeb had some great productions. "No, Honestly!" was fun entertainment.

My faves were more to the Cold War spy stuff; "The Sandbaggers" was high on my list, along with "Smiley's People" and "MI-5" (a.k.a. "Spooks").

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I should have clarified my title "One of my favorite British COMEDY shows" :applause:

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
It was a great series and it did have a long life going through several major changes but managed to keep the original type of humor.

David

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It was a great series and it did have a long life going through several major changes but managed to keep the original type of humor.

David

Another we used to watch that was great fun was "Good Neighbors"

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"My faves were more to the Cold War spy stuff; "The Sandbaggers" was high on my list, along with "Smiley's People" and "MI-5" (a.k.a. "Spooks")."

I liked both of the LeCarre adaptations the BBC did with Alec Guiness as Smiley. Their Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was excellent, as was Smiley's People. I also really enjoyed the much campier show The Avengers. The stories were fun, Steed's Bentley was magnificent, and who wasn't in love with Emma Peel?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
And Mrs. Peel drove an Elan.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Doc, she had a car? I guess I developed a bit of tunnel vision when she was on the screen.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol:

Yeah, a Series-2 Drophead Coupe Elan... Light blue as it turns out. But I understand the distraction. :smirk: