• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For the Viet Nam Vets out there

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Last edited:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I remember, got through by telling myself, "I signed the papers. make it work", I did. No PTSD from live fire or explosives, but don't point a gun at me.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I remember, got through by telling myself, "I signed the papers. make it work", I did. No PTSD from live fire or explosives, but don't point a gun at me.

Same sentiment here, Larry.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I was fortunate enough to go in the Navy during the last year of the Korean war and discharged during the beginning of the Viet Nam war. I wondered why I was never called back in but wasn't discouraged that they didn't call me. I do know my folks and wife were happy about it. PJ

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I was fortunate enough to go in the Navy during the last year of the Korean war and discharged during the beginning of the Viet Nam war. I wondered why I was never called back in but wasn't discouraged that they didn't call me. I do know my folks and wife were happy about it. PJ

I joined (not drafted) a couple of years before the end of the VN war and in fact was told there was a high probability I would be tapped to go, but alas that never happened. My Dad fought in WWII (Battle of the Bulge) then had a 16 year break in service, re-joined and ended up in VN twice. He ended up completing a 20 year Army career.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I’m glad that worked for you but I never signed anything I was drafted. Fortunately in VN I was not put into a position to come down with a bad case of PTSD, maybe just a little after being home a few years. A lot of my friends are still suffering and always will.