• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Let's Have More of This

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
'Nuff said:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
We could for sure use more like Arlo!

Who is the kid standing between him & Pete?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
We could for sure use more like Arlo!

Who is the kid standing between him & Pete?

Not sure. The credits list Tim Sears and Jason Webster as guitarists, but I don't recognize either one of those names.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Kind of looks like Jason Webster, but I can't tell for sure.

In case anyone is interested, it turns out Arlo & his daughter Sarah will be touring the US over the next 6 months. I saw him just a couple of years back, and while he's certainly older (aren't we all?), he's not showing any signs of developing Huntington's Chorea like his father did. My only complaint is that I didn't spring for seats closer to the stage!

https://www.arloguthrie.com/shows

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
According to the tour list, he'll be in Nashville. Would really like to see him, but I've been soured on concerts for a while now. Not a big fan of crowds, especially when things get too rowdy - which seems to be a prerequisite with concerts. We went to a Moody Blues concert at Starwood Amphitheater in Nashville some years ago, and while the music was fantastic, it was hard to enjoy with everyone around us standing and jumping up and down, blocking our view.

Yeah, I'm old - I'll own that...

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
The crowd was pretty tame (compared to a rock concert) at the last Arlo show I went to. Some yelling going on, but not much, and I don't recall anyone jumping around. Might have had something to do with the scent of burning grass wafting around, but it seemed to me that the crowd was mostly closer to our age. Maybe he doesn't appeal as much to those too young to appreciate the significance of the 27 8x10 color glossy photographs :smile:

But for that matter, there wasn't much fuss IMO at the last Moodies concert I went to, either. I was amazed at how small the venue was, seemed like it wasn't much more than a big lecture hall and we literally sat in folding chairs.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The crowd was pretty tame (compared to a rock concert) at the last Arlo show I went to. Some yelling going on, but not much, and I don't recall anyone jumping around. Might have had something to do with the scent of burning grass wafting around, but it seemed to me that the crowd was mostly closer to our age. Maybe he doesn't appeal as much to those too young to appreciate the significance of the 27 8x10 color glossy photographs :smile:

But for that matter, there wasn't much fuss IMO at the last Moodies concert I went to, either. I was amazed at how small the venue was, seemed like it wasn't much more than a big lecture hall and we literally sat in folding chairs.

Now, that's more like it!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I saw him at, of all places, EPCOT a number of years ago. I really enjoyed his set, but, could not get out of my head the irony of a protest singer like him playing Disney. (selling out to the man)

Last year SWMBO and I were at a church event and one of the singers was a retired colleague. He's playing the banjo and guitar and singing and mid set says "Pete Seeger" taught me this next song - which got my attention. Turns out he was touring with Seeger when he got called into ministry. Amazing the things you find out.

catfood

Jedi Knight
Coincidence! I only bought Alice's Restaurant a couple of weeks ago.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Why did I know someone was going to say that :eagerness:

not to mention shovels and rakes and implements of destruction

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag