• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I really don't get rude people

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Maybe it's just a by-product of what social media has done to our discourse but I really don't get why, when someone has a bit of trouble navigating the forum, instead of just nicely asking for help, they choose to get snippy and pissy and ask for their account to be deleted. Frustrating.

/rant

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Seems like a no-brainer (to delete). :wink-new:

[and not to lessen the annoyance for you... there's just no explaining such types]

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I’ve learned a long time ago that it’s hard to reason with unreasonable people.
β€œThis way out...”

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It's easy to hide behind a keyboard.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Wow - hits the internet nail on the head at *many* levels.

TM
The curtain only worked so long for the Wizard of OZ :rolleye:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
The curtain only worked so long for the Wizard of OZ :rolleye:
There is no true anonymity on the net. Once when I signed up for Farce Book I was really creeped out by all the messages of who I may know! People from my past etc.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Once when I signed up for Farce Book I was really creeped out by all the messages of who I may know! People from my past etc.

It's an insidious beast (and Messenger is worse). Hate to think of all the tentacles it has... but I use it. :playful: We call it FacePlant here.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Messenger the worm of facebook now that is a a creepy never use it .

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I made the mistake of briefly having that app on my phone. Deleted it quickly (as it's nefarious) - though one can't delete it from a desktop.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
The good news is, this nastiness such as this represents a tiny percentage of the folks here at BCF. These things happen, but happily it is a very rare occurance here. For that I think all the great members we have!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I agree that simple statistics would suggest that even if 1/10th of one percent (1 in in maybe 1000) are "difficult," that would still make for a goodly number of annoying people.
:rolleye:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I agree that simple statistics would suggest that even if 1/10th of one percent (1 in in maybe 1000) are "difficult," that would still make for a goodly number of annoying people.

Probably similar proportions of annoying people 100 years ago.

But back then, they weren't interconnected, and couldn't reach each other 24/7!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yeah but if two annoying people are married to each other then they are saving two other people :rolleye:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yeah but if two annoying people are married to each other then they are saving two other people :rolleye:

Hehehehe… good one.
I've often said that maybe many of us SHOULDN'T be brought together by all this mass media.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Hehehehe… good one.
I've often said that maybe many of us SHOULDN'T be brought together by all this mass media.

There is a good reason that, when I started this forum, I made a hard and fast rule that we would keep our politics (and to the extent possible our ideology) out of the discissions here. And look - most people here get along just fine. Conservatives conversing respectfully with liberals (and vice versa), dogs sleeping with cats! It's amazing.