• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Long lost Sprite

Elizabeth Jones

Freshman Member
Hello everyone. I'm Elizabeth, and have fairly recently returned to the UK from a sojourn in the US, where my late husband and I were quite active in the British car arena.
One of my nephews used to own my late brother's 1969 Mk IV Sprite. He's been able to find out that it is still registered but can find no other information.
Knowing as I do how wonderfully helpful this list can be I thought I would appeal to you all to contact me if any of you know of YLA 827G. It was BRG, but who knows now.

I originally posted this to introduce myself but it was suggested that I also post here.
So...... who likes a detective story?

saltiga

Detective Trev has tried in Australia for you and as there is no registration plate number a search cant be instituted. Even if you had one I don't think the records go back that far . We had a VW , 1964 model and a registration search yielded zilch good luck Saltiga

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
The only BRG Sprite IV that I came across had green shag carpeting on the interior, but it sounds like it is still in England.

I have a blue 1969 Mark IV Sprite. Two owners prior to me was a college student who bought the car and was using his parents' funds towards the car and not his studies. When his parents got wise, he had to sell the car post haste. I'm still waiting to see a post on BCF from that student looking for his car. Of course, I would not sell it back to him. My daughter loves the car too much!

OP
E

Elizabeth Jones

Freshman Member
Dixon of Dock Green! Umm!
Dare I ask how you can do that from WI?
Little British Car people are the best.
Thank you.
Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
49680404_1452515201547949_3054243710536515584_n.jpg

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Did UK Sprite IVs only have the dual wipers? I know my Sprite IV has a triple wiper setup -- a feature that seems to be what people point out the most, other than the car's diminutive size. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I read that the triple-wiper setup was to satisfy the regulators in the U.S. market.

OP
E

Elizabeth Jones

Freshman Member
Thank you Steve,
That is the picture that Diablo666 and Basil sent to the New Members section, and I've passed it on to my nephew. It certainly looks as if he takes care of her. I'll also pass along the info you provided. It would be really good to re-unite them if I could.
I think I am secretly envious of your sources.
Thanks again
Elizabeth

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Did UK Sprite IVs only have the dual wipers? I know my Sprite IV has a triple wiper setup -- a feature that seems to be what people point out the most, other than the car's diminutive size. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I read that the triple-wiper setup was to satisfy the regulators in the U.S. market.

Three-wiper setup was for the US market. All UK cars only ever used two wipers.