• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What car toys did everyone get for Christmas?

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I know a lot of people got something for their car projects... let's here or see. I'll start off, I got new sidepipes for the Sprite. Redoing the car again over the winter and looking to make the sidepipes much simpler. Just going with patriot 50 inch ones and hopefully a simple header or manifold setup.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Not exactly car stuff but,

1. a car calendar complete with stickers to attach every day I work on the car (yes infantile but it works)

2. This month's Practical Classics for inspiration

3. A lovely bottle of scotch for the bad days. :grin:

BTW Merry Christmas all!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Well, lemme see,

First, I got a cool 5-drawer US General tool cart for making it easy to roll out tools to the driveway when I'm working on a car out there. (Surprisingly nice quality for Harbor Freight)

IMG_4152.jpg

I also got a Suunto Core Sport watch (Time, Altimeter, Barometer, Compass)

Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 1.15.38 PM.jpg

Also, I some cloths, includng a nice Christmas sweater and a rugby shirt that I think makes me look a lot like Freddy Krueger!

IMG_4150.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well, lemme see,
First, I got a cool 5-drawer US General tool cart for making it easy to roll out tools to the driveway when I'm working on a car out there. (Surprisingly nice quality for Harbor Freight)
Nice cart... you must have been a good boy :D
Did it come assembled, or did you have to put it together?

OP
anarchy99

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm actually a big fan of those carts, also, I've used that suunto for awhile before. Even as a back up altimeter when skydiving... a little slow but bigger problem was the sun glare off of the screen. I guess that's probably not a huge concern for you though. Still, great watch

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I'm actually a big fan of those carts, also, I've used that suunto for awhile before. Even as a back up altimeter when skydiving... a little slow but bigger problem was the sun glare off of the screen. I guess that's probably not a huge concern for you though. Still, great watch

My younger son got one for Christmas 2 years ago and really likes it, so I asked Santa for one this year since they were on sale. ($50 less than I paid for my son's).

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I just got some lumps of coal - plus a car calender.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Baby Blue did not get much in the stocking this year: Just some Seafoam (both the oil and the carb treatments) for this year's winter maintenance.

The '53 Plymouth got a pair of gas shocks for the rear and a hub puller tool so I can remove the brake drums, which is an unnecessarily complicated task, the drum is attached to a tapered axle, so the only way to remove it is with the puller. Wish I knew what the Chrysler engineers were thinking on that one.

No car calendar, though.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
What did I get? A lot of thanks from folks I've been helping over the last year.

"The greatest of these is charity". That's what it's all about.

TM

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice tool trolley!

No car related stuff here, some clothes instead. Th' 'mits got me a book. The family know I've got about all the car related gear (and more than) needed.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Moto lita wheel for my Bugeye that I hope to finish in 2019. From my kids. 6786E4F3-1F14-419B-BEB8-F7C8264D14FC.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Actually two of the best things we got for Christmas came a little earlier. Two new additions to the household: First our new Husky, Luna, showed up in our yard a couple months back. We had been without a doggy since our Jack Russel, Rocky, passed a few years ago. We had recently been talking about looking for a new dog so she came into our lives at the right time. She was chipped but the owner had moved out of state. Long story but original owner agreed to let us keep her. We have since had the chip data changed to our contact into.
Secondly, a little Russian Blue kitty had been hanging around the house for some time but was always very skittish. However, a couple weeks ago, on a particularly cold day, she came to the door and wanted in. We reluctantly let her in and to our surprise she quickly warmed up to the dog and the other two cats. A couple days later our old fella, Devon, passed away so this little girl came along at just the right time.

Luna and Mary-0001 copy.jpg

IMG_4076 copy.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The '53 Plymouth got a pair of gas shocks for the rear and a hub puller tool so I can remove the brake drums, which is an unnecessarily complicated task, the drum is attached to a tapered axle, so the only way to remove it is with the puller. Wish I knew what the Chrysler engineers were thinking on that one.

No car calendar, though.

That's fairly standard on older cars, you do it once or twice and it won't seem complicated anymore.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
One other thing I got that I look forward to reading. My wife met the author when the lady met with my wife's book club.

IMG_4154 copy.jpg

IMG_4155 copy.jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
A metal detector which may see service in my shop looking for tools and dropped bolts. Also an analogue drawing board so I can try to do an updated wiring diagram of my TR3A. Gave up trying to get a drawing program to do what I wanted it to do. I used Generic Cad and Dot Plot about 25 years ago but they have me beat now.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
A metal detector which may see service in my shop looking for tools and dropped bolts. Also an analogue drawing board so I can try to do an updated wiring diagram of my TR3A. Gave up trying to get a drawing program to do what I wanted it to do. I used Generic Cad and Dot Plot about 25 years ago but they have me beat now.

David

What a coinky-dinky! I got my youngest son a metal detector for Christmas too!