• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Probability Chart

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
boltdrop.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I gave up looking a Brand NEW flashlight that I used to run some coax cable in my house. I even traced every inch of the cable run and no flashlight. Somewhere in an alternate universe a alien is using my flashlight to look for keys for his 2018 XFGuuuf model space transporter.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Did you check in the veggie drawer of the fridge?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yep, checked the veggie drawer and it did not Turnip :rolleye:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Try finding a dropped 1/4 drive 10mm socket. I marked a spot where I work on cars with "the Burmuda Triangle" and I have a 25' long, 10' high, and 2'deep shelves on wall I call "the Twilight Zone". Seems everything in these 2 places disappear, at least until you buy another one.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Larry said:
Seems everything in these 2 places disappear, at least until you buy another one.

That's another one of Newton's Corollaries.

My collection of odds-n-ends is referred to as the GOK Pile: "God Only Knows!".

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I had given up finding a little magnetic LED light when, one day, weeks later, I opened the hood on SWMBO's Z4 and viola! There it was, sitting on top of the engine!

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Always in the last place you look, too! :excitement:

Country flag
I'm crazy enough that when I drop something and I can't find it, I drop another one on purpose and more often than not, the first one comes out of hiding because it realizes it has a friend to play with! I figure I'm going to have to order one, won't do any more harm if I have to order 2! :D

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Pen dropped between bed and headboard. Too far to reach from either side. Its stuck in the space. Can't move it up or down. In a related incident, our kitchen fan stopped working as my wife was frying potato pancakes for Xmas. The kitchen filled with smoke. The fan is located in the roof. I tried to reach it through the duct over the stove with a fishing rod to bang the blades without success. I'll have to call a handyman since my roof climbing days are over. The motor hums but the blades don't turn. This happens every winter now.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Pen dropped between bed and headboard. Too far to reach from either side. Its stuck in the space. Can't move it up or down. In a related incident, our kitchen fan stopped working as my wife was frying potato pancakes for Xmas. The kitchen filled with smoke. The fan is located in the roof. I tried to reach it through the duct over the stove with a fishing rod to bang the blades without success. I'll have to call a handyman since my roof climbing days are over. The motor hums but the blades don't turn. This happens every winter now.

That describes my brain most days - the motor hums but the blades don't turn. :smile: