• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Baby it's Cold Outside

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
This little Russian Blue kitten has been hanging around the house for a few weeks now. The new Huskey and the other two cats have gotten used to her through the window. Well, this morning was really cold outside and she was up looking through the window, so, well, we now have a new member of the family. We call her blue nd she is getting along very well with Luna and the two cats. (so far).

Luna and Blue-1.jpg

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
[FONT=&quot]β€œThe smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde ,
Truer words could never had been said, such a very nice thing to do Basil! [/FONT]
:encouragement:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That's about how we've come to acquire Lucy, Fred and Ethel. They were abandoned when a family five lots down left their home to foreclosure. I've very little regard for folks who would do that.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That's about how we've come to acquire Lucy, Fred and Ethel. They were abandoned when a family five lots down left their home to foreclosure. I've very little regard for folks who would do that.

What happened to Ricky? :cool:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I was told if Ricky shows up I'm a dead man. He did but our kind next-door neighbor took him in. She saved me from a premature end.

And speaking of... Lucy just jumped in my lap. The 'mits has been down south visiting her mum since Saturday, so Lucy has been missing her Quality lap time. I seem to be an acceptable substitute after five days.

Country flag
One of our best friends is a vet and runs a rescue. You don't want to know how many have come our way via that connection.... :smile:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
One of our best friends is a vet and runs a rescue. You don't want to know how many have come our way via that connection.... :smile:

We have some good friends who used to live across the street (now live a couple miles away) who have adopted more dogs from rescues than I can count.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
We had a Shiba Inu come by last weekend when it was snowing last week. He was chipped and had a tag with a number. They put us in touch with the owner who stopped by to pick him up good deal. But in our case we didn't use the chip, just the old fashioned number on a tag.

Cute kitty.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Right now we have two dogs and a cat, all three are rescues.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
;)

It wasn't cold when we grabbed our latest addition. The feral colony she was in had been decimated by coyotes. We managed to snag her in time.

Went from parking lot wild thing to snuggle bug in a few weeks.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
;)

It wasn't cold when we grabbed our latest addition. The feral colony she was in had been decimated by coyotes. We managed to snag her in time.

Went from parking lot wild thing to snuggle bug in a few weeks.

That's great! We have a Coyote population around here too that can (and often does) make short work of local cats. We had a yellow tabby a few years ago (named Garfield) that got out one night but never came back (he usually would return the next morning when he'd sneak out). We don't know for certain but we suspected he had become a snack for a Coyote.

Last edited:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We have a creek at the back of our property. It has lots of ducks during the spring and summer. Many times I have seen a red-tail fox heading down to the creek and then I hear lots of "quacking".... dinner is served.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We have a coyote pack that lives near us and you'll often hear them at night. Sometimes if times are tough they'll even come up to the back fence. They've been close enough that I've picked a couple off with my pistol on a few occasions.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Not to hijack this thread but can you believe the #meToo crowd has caused the song Baby Its Cold Outside to be banned from airplay? They claim its an invitation to date rape. Yesterday's NY Times had a feature article on it. It was written as a party song by Frank Loesser. (Shaking head).

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Well, not to hijack the hijack, but the song was never banned from broadcast, except by a few radio stations.

Anyway, the rumor got people thinking - which is something we desperately need more of!

TM

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I have my own thoughts - but PLEASE lets get this back to a discussion of Pets.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Speaking of pets - our new kitty must know who saved her from the cold because every morning, when I wake up, I find she has jumped up on the bed and is laying right in front of my face.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
My ol' tomcat George would do the same thing. Sun comes up - and up comes George. Galump - and he was on my chest, staring right at me.

Seemed to have a correlation with breakfast time.

His Majesty George I -

George.jpg

Twenty pounds of tomcat. Protective of his domains, and never once allowed any elephants into the back yard.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Speaking of pets - our new kitty must know who saved her from the cold because every morning, when I wake up, I find she has jumped up on the bed and is laying right in front of my face.
:eagerness:

Bo6K-OBT8e8l3rXyoTyZqcMtNddgZO4wPxz0Ntckx8QD2JQCUUSoY4CUBV_MINskKmjoBI_Fzt63o6R7JoTeWyEoVhvEQ6fgcTrTXWyH1IFXD4Op6jacWwSZrxC2gL8NhJY4qge_QYUiaplu1Y2ozhiO7UV9is5I0N_O12jrf0nNCp_YLoObq022f53DbpUEfGhBQiMJl0EyyKVLtFk7ACAC0pXRKi2u6sgPNI5UW6Pmo9OMZdBXWHNWoE_T_S7k_rY686RCzwB4LRgZxUFz2Fej5cGnmmx55Y2fZa-0eO-QJAcaDIXhx9EugrTZOjkVB9C1Dy9c648btcoDPSgoYF67rCaEdVp0zoLx5-ROMb-K_ecyyUzoOHfKtLDnBGaks1pliED-I_BhcS1Qr934RFvAGCvKIFECtqtY56n6_pPb7SXKx9xNjQvApdp0g1peKzN5XMi0_GRk_PZ3I8MwBLirJ0m3T3EIbXkIN660XjB-Zu7U38D_-CRYkcz3mhQzPDBmsiRJgrslK2oUaOGMmv_OZ9PptPwHk-Es5GVMxgQvpgCKzbjh3Wd9rRMqZ8QmpCVRJtyRm0HvanyCaFxIjlfEWT1CUhA_ncBHJDjx6deapZNGEBJhWSsRQ5F3lpZNJT2AaqisUkjB3r83YukM_oo=w636-h848-no

our recent addition.