• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A New Constant

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hmmm... I think Heraclitus might have something to say about that... :wink:

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
HAd to look that up Mick
Like the one Quote
There is nothing constant but change

But as it says in the story
If the speed of light changes
We're in a world of hurt

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I got a head ache
IMG_7794.jpg

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Which one of our brethren is most likely to get this?
IMG_7795.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My head hurts after reading that. I’m going to the deli counter to order a half Planck constant of Swiss cheese.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Now I have a headache!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ah, but when you actually measure it, you've changed it!

:eagerness:

Thank you, Werner Heisenberg.

Backed up by Schrodinger's cat!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Interesting, you cannot define a Planck constant without using the Kg and now you cannot define the Kg without the Planck constant. I emailed this to a Science teacher buddy to ask him if he is looking forward to teaching his incoming freshmen this next year.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Interesting, you cannot define a Planck constant without using the Kg and now you cannot define the Kg without the Planck constant. I emailed this to a Science teacher buddy to ask him if he is looking forward to teaching his incoming freshmen this next year.

So, it's kinda like "chicken or egg", right? :devilgrin:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yup, the article even brings up that allusion.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Walt said:

Max was well ahead of his time, as was Albert... you can't run in circles. Time, unfortunately as we know it is linear. Just as mass has a definitive quantum.

"And the Beat Goes On"

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
This is more my speed:

findx.jpg

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I looked up Schrodinger's Cat. Led me to an article that appeared in the Washington Post. The article was incomprehensible. Then I read the 227 comments after the article. The majority of them were hilarious. My wife and I broke up. There are some seriously funny people out there. Bottom line - no one understands this stuff.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Try reading "The Dancing Wu Li Masters".

WuLi.jpg