• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New investment opporunity...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
... includes a PRESS!

chinchillas.jpg

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
[oops - typo in the header... "Opportunity"]

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
“Drowns itself willingly”
What a relief; it can be so hard to convince them to drown themselves.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
So... I'm guessin' they taste like chicken?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
that's just gross. "Dad can I start a chinchilla farm?"

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Pressed and with a nice Chianti?

What got me on this silliness is the classic LP skit done by Firesign Theater:

"If you have kids, like I know I have..." or "these are synthetic chinchillas."

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I'm now thinking that a chinchilla is a gate-way rodent to a more serious addiction. What do you think?

Mert

While I was growing up in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia in the 60's, my father got hooked on the idea of raising chinchilla's. There was a chinchilla farm in the valley that offered them to raise. Idea was to raise them for their fur pelts. We took a family trip to this farm. Cages upon cages of these little rodents. Sorta looked like a guinea pig or gerbil. My parents after a lengthy discussion with the farmer, bowed out of the idea. One huge factor was the odor these little rodents emitted. Back home we were raising chickens, quail, rabbits, dogs, bees. My father than began to research raising mink and sables. But that's another story.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
In case of chinchilla overdose have Nar-cat on hand. :excitement:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Maybe more like a mid point, Gerbils to Chinchillas, to Beaver, to Capybara... (look it up...)

Capybara... now THERE's an addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :playful:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Near Galveston, Texas there's a wildlife refuge called Anahuac. When we visited quite a few years ago, the place was overrun with Nutria - digging burrows, messing up the place. They were brought up from South America by fur farmers but ran wild. I don't know if they were ever brought under control.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Near Galveston, Texas there's a wildlife refuge called Anahuac. When we visited quite a few years ago, the place was overrun with Nutria - digging burrows, messing up the place. They were brought up from South America by fur farmers but ran wild. I don't know if they were ever brought under control.

Maybe they're tasty too! :excitement:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
They've tried repeatedly to get people to eat them and use the fur for trim. You can get $4 or $5 for each one you kill. Ugly buggers with orange teeth. Not too appetizing.