• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Healey Shop on Long Island

aero3113

Jedi Trainee
Looking to have some work done to my 56 100 V8 in the future. Is BMC in St. James NY still around? I came across this shop listed on various forums. Did they move or close? Would like to find a shop on Long Island, preferably in Suffolk County that has some knowledge about Healeys.

OP
aero3113

aero3113

Jedi Trainee
Looks like a great shop Rick. Just wish it was closer, I would like to be able to stop in from time to time while the car is being worked on. Would be tough to do with a 2.5 hour drive.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Go to the MGAGURU.com and click on his banner at the top that says Going Mobil. This will bring you to a listing of all the dates in his travels. Go to the bottom of the listing for October 1 thru 15, 2018, click that. He is currently visiting shops that work on British Cars to verify their existence and quality. He has recently been on Long Island, he may still be out there. I did not read his current threads so I can't say what he has posted. But he will post about all shops he finds that he thinks are a good bet to get work done.
https://www.mgaguru.com/

OP
aero3113

aero3113

Jedi Trainee
WoW! Great documentation!! Too bad he didn’t make it further east on the island. He could’ve went all the way to Orient Point and taken the ferry across over to New London CT.

OP
aero3113

aero3113

Jedi Trainee
Actually, when he was on the east coast he should've taken the ferry from New London to Orient Point. Then visited the vineyards, great views through the east end of Long Island.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
I went back and read some of his recent post. He has been searching out shops that have been posted to his shops list over the years or shops that he has learned of during his travels to verify or authenticate them. If he didn't go on east on long Island it could be assumed that he had no record of other shops out there. (he is no tourist, he rarely takes an interest in sight seeing). His journey is actually very amazing, he has been on the road with his MGA for years and has traveled through out ALL of North American and Canada. His son is traveling with him whom he calls the Navigator. His web site which has been developed over 40 years is an unbelievable resource for MGA and some MGB owners.

OP
aero3113

aero3113

Jedi Trainee
True, there are a few shops that I know of on the east end but they are high dollar shops. Just looking for a trust worthy shop with some Healey experience.

Country flag
OT, but do I recognize these cars...? (seen on mgaguru's report of Michael's Vintage Racing in Hopewell Junction)

3073.jpg

The one getting attention in that pictures looks like the same Ginetta my Healey is parked next to at Sebring a couple years ago ;)

12809602_10154057748058291_8821170466508478777_n.jpg

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
"Michael's Vintage Racing" is owned and run by Michael Clifford SR. and his son Michael Clifford JR. They might still be listed as an MG shop and that is probably a result of their involvement with Elva Couriers which have MGA/B engines. Though the Cliffords pretty much exclusively devote their energy to the preparation and support of race cars it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and I can recommend them highly.

The two white cars in the pictures are mine--an Elva MK IV sports racer in the foreground and a Ginetta G4 in back. Randy paid me a visit at Sebring last year when I was racing the Ginetta and we have plans to meet there again for this year's event Nov 30--Dec 1 & 2.