• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

new invention for BMW heat shield

G

Hmmm, I been researching about heat shield. I guess this forum dont have that information. Let me post the information that I have so perhaps someone could have discussion about heat shield. I just bought my new heat shield that signature motoring just invented. It is a new invention because of the design and the improvement of how it works. Generally, heat shield is to protect air system from the heat. Currently, heat shield around the market is made of plastic fabric. Signature motoring invent a steel heat shield. This is the best for BMW engine. I been using it for 1 month and it gives lots of improvement when I drive it. unfortunately, this heat shield is made only for BMW 3 series so far. Hopefully they will make it also for 5 series so my son can buy it. The reason I knew that signature motoring heat shield works good is when I measure the temperature in each area. IN result, not lying to you! air system compartment has way cooler temperature than the whole bay. I guess the steel and the design is preventing the heat even redeem inside the heat shield! incredible!!!
they only cost around $99-$100 not too bad compare to other manufacture. This is the number if you are interested to purchase because i think this is very worth it. you drive the car, you have to take care of it [DELETED]

Radford

Jedi Knight
Rosco_90,

This couldn't possibly be an attempt to advertise your product, could it? That will run you afoel of the forum's moderator.

OP
G

[ QUOTE ]
Signature motoring invent a steel heat shield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, these guys are on the ball, they invented steel heat shields! The world may never be the same again.

Steve_S

Yoda
Ah, the link is gone. I wanted to buy one, too. Guess I'll have to deal with the one I have that works just as well and costs a fraction as much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Hmmmmm, the gentleman did not seem to have a thorough grasp of the English language. Would the product have a label "Made in China" by any chance? I have a Bimmer too, but a 5-series so I'm not part of his target market.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Aw, I want for to buy heat shield. it make BMW run much improved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif
Really, I have much better things I could buy for my 3 series than a $100 beer can

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bummer I wanted one of those for my 2002. Wait a second whats that? It already has a steel heat shield, woo hoo. I must have ordered one already and forgotten about it, because I know that no one could have thought of this wonderful invention some 30 or 40 years before this guy did.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Jeez, I have a beemer too. Does everyone here have one?

[/ QUOTE ]
I know. It seems like everyone here either has a BMW or a Toyota (or both) in addition to thier LBC.
I just picked up my '91 318is about a month ago. It was a trade in at the Toyota dealer I work at. It was too old with too many miles to sell out front, so I got it for wholesale. It came from Flordia so it's truly rust free. So much so that I plan on parking it for the salt season.
It's a fun little car especially for the price.

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jeez, I have a beemer too. Does everyone here have one?

[/ QUOTE ]
I know. It seems like everyone here either has a BMW or a Toyota (or both) in addition to thier LBC.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep I have both...well all 3 I should say, I think it has something to with the ease of use, You know change the oil, filler up and go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Not much else to fart around with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

Paul Johnson

Jedi Warrior
I don't have a BMW car, but rather a bike. Does that count? Maybe I could buy two of those heat shields and with some hose clamps and stand off strapping, could make some shields to mount on my lower legs. But then maybe that would look funny at lunch stops.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
An' pro'lly make some funny klankin' noises when ya walk, as well.