• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR TRIUMPHest 2018 Sacramento, Ca

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Great video Julius. All manner of Triumphs there.
Plus, you're famous...you even made the cover...just finished your article in the latest Moss Motoring. Nice read. Nothing like longtime Triumph drivers.

Last edited:

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I have an MP4 file of my autocross at the show but it is too large to upload. Any ideas to post it?

OP
tr6nitjulius

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks Jerry that's just a short clip of 30+ min not only were the models represented the color spectrum well covered agree 3 yrs after I got my TR started TR clubin' 1981 heard someone say TRIUMPH made to be Driven always liked a clean kept car so the combo suits me Keep it clean & Drive it I might add it runs better than it looks! Was asked to write an article and send it to them it was lengthy as is with most our TR history not sure how much they edited

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Julius thank you again for another great video, and group of pictures. If I had known fresh turkey was going to be on the menu I would have tried harder to attend. You must have one of the highest mileage TR6's out there. You should be getting some sort of award for your dedication to the Mark. I know which one I'm thinking of, hope others feel the same way. Best of luck to you, and many more years of happy 6 motoring.

OP
tr6nitjulius

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Keith
U R welcome glad you enjoyed vid/pics as my labor of love is to capture as many of us enthusiasts enjoying LBC during our era. You missed out now you will have to go to the store like the rest of us:rolleye:next month to hunt your's. No doubt that's my goal over the 39+ years as second owner I've seen one other an original owner that's up here in this high miler fraternity appreciate your thought believe me my reward sitting in the TR Cave as I type a TR6 that I continuously demand a lot from and has far exceeding and continue to meet those demands always ready to be driven along the miles has enriched my life with the places/sights/sounds/roads it's allowed me to experience and most important other TR enthusiasts during this Love It when they running Hate It when they not journey I Love My TRIUMPH

Triumphully
Julius

OP
tr6nitjulius

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks you were there so hope they allowed you to relive some of the visual/audio festivities & glad you helped yourself to the treats. Story behind butterscotch peeps often ask/wonder what's the color of my TR6 saying muster yellow:confused: Topaz Orangy or some other in yellow color family my TR6 base color is derived from TRIUMPH paint code #54 Saffron over 4 week span had painter spray 4x4 piece of sheet metal took each home different light (day-nite) after each either make it darker/lighter final test set right with me told them that's it "a one off" decided with the pigmentations added it was like butterscotch candy in your mouth juicy & wet.

During the days when I entered in judging (1983-1993 retired & display only since) peeps would jokingly say you trying to influence the judges which I wasn't as I felt the workmanship & preservation of car spoke for itself but hey. Actually stopped with the butterscotch candy one year at a carshow was standing near my TR6 guy approached with his 6 yr old daughter saying this guy always has candy in his display needless to say I was crushed seeing the expression on his & her face :frown::shocked:when there was none I vowed as long as I owned/displayed my TR6 I'd never let that happen again so they'll always be treats there also gives guy/girls a sweet/juicy treat while reading the upgrades or as they enjoy the eyecandy (had to make run to smart final in Sacramento as I left stash home TR peer pressure:rolleye:smile: