• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Finally a new doggy

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
After being without a pup for 5 years, when we had to put our Jack Russell down, we finally have a new dog in the family. We call her “Luna”. She’s about a 3 year old Husky Shepherd mix with one blue eye and one brown eye. Very calm and sweet. She wandered into our yard a couple weeks ago. She had a chip and when we contacted the owner we learned the owner had moved out of state. Long story short, the owner agreed to transfer ownership to us! We are thrilled.

IMG_3914 copy.jpg

Attachments

• 3F85891D-7223-42C5-99B2-CE35AACE7B47.jpg
    3F85891D-7223-42C5-99B2-CE35AACE7B47.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That is a great line. And Basil, that is a great looking dog!
Tom M.

Thanks. Now that ownership has transferred with the chip maker, I can see from her online record that the chip was implanted in November 2016. We are guessing her age to be about 2 or 3 years but her actual birth date was not listed. However, it was listed that she originally came from the Albuquerque Animal Shelter.

She came along at exactly the right time as we have been talking about getting another dog and we were conflicted as to what kind of dog to get. Well, now we know. It was kismet! She is house broken and very mellow and affectionate. At first our two cats were freaked out when she came into the house and they hid under the bed. However, after a couple of days the cats realized that Luna is no threat and now they are walking around in the same room and the dog isn't bothering them at all.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sometimes the best dogs are the ones that find you.

Indeed! We had a white Boxer show up in our yard one say several years ago (no collar and no chip) and, after due diligence to find the owners we ended up keeping him. We called him "Chance" because he actually did look like the dog in the movie Homeward Bound. We had to have him put down due to cancer.

Chance n Devon-0007.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Sad though that owners move and just leave their pets. Glad Luna found you - I hope her full name is Luna Lovegood.

OTOH we don't get to ask - how much is that doggy in the window? :smile:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Luna is a gorgeous pup Bas.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sad though that owners move and just leave their pets. Glad Luna found you - I hope her full name is Luna Lovegood.

OTOH we don't get to ask - how much is that doggy in the window? :smile:

We are thrilled that we're going to be her new family. She fits right in and was exactly what we were looking for in a doggy.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I wish I could say the same for the two yappy mutts that live next door to me. They go crazy barking any time they see us. Then the shepherd down the street chimes in. Sounds like a kennel.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I wish I could say the same for the two yappy mutts that live next door to me. They go crazy barking any time they see us. Then the shepherd down the street chimes in. Sounds like a kennel.

We have several dogs in our area who, once one starts barking, they all will start. It happens especially any time coyotes run through the open area - every dog for a mile around will howl and bark for 10 minutes.

Country flag
Rescues are the best ones - they know they're wanted. The question is - who rescues who? :smile: Cold weather dogs tend to be on the stubborn side, just fyi. :smile:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Rescues are the best ones - they know they're wanted. The question is - who rescues who? :smile: Cold weather dogs tend to be on the stubborn side, just fyi. :smile:

I think it works both ways on the rescue. So far she's been very well behaved and seems to listen. She may have had some training at some point.