• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hurricane Florence

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I'd imagine being a TV reporter sent out to "report on a disaster" when no disaster has yet happened, must be frustrating and lead to some heavy histrionics.

Reminds me of a blizzard a few years ago, where the poor reporter was on camera with a subtitle "Major snowfall hits Northeast" - but there were no piles of snow anywhere near the reporter. Probably would have lost her job if she'd just said "nothing's happening here yet."

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I'd imagine being a TV reporter sent out to "report on a disaster" when no disaster has yet happened, must be frustrating and lead to some heavy histrionics.

Reminds me of a blizzard a few years ago, where the poor reporter was on camera with a subtitle "Major snowfall hits Northeast" - but there were no piles of snow anywhere near the reporter. Probably would have lost her job if she'd just said "nothing's happening here yet."

Back in the 90's during the first Gulf War, there were some reporters at a purportedly reputable network who were exposed as faking that they were in an area that was under missile attack. Actually they were safe and sound in a studio and not under any kind of attack, but they put on helmets, etc., as if they were in imminent danger.

Then a major female news personality once gave a report from "in front of the Capital" all bundled up because it was sooooo cold outside. Turns out she was discovered to have been standing in front of a green screen and nowhere near the Capital building.

John Kuzman

Jedi Trainee
What are you suggesting...FAKE NEWS???

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
FAKE NEWS!! Tell that to my two sisters who live in Myrtle beach and my mother who lives in Loris, SC. It's not a joking affair!

John Kuzman

Jedi Trainee
Paul -

My reply was in no way an attempt to make a joke about the seriousness of Florence. I feel for those people. I have a home in SW Florida and experienced, first hand, the wrath of Irma last year. Sorry if you took my comment the wrong way.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
FAKE NEWS!! Tell that to my two sisters who live in Myrtle beach and my mother who lives in Loris, SC. It's not a joking affair!

Paul, I don't think John was making light of the seriousness of the hurricane, just the obvious over-dramatization of the reporter in the video I posted and some of the other videos that show past episodes where news organizations were making up stuff for dramatic effect (like acting like they are under missile attack in the first Gulf War when in fact they were not), etc. Of course any hurricane is serious and no one is making light of that.