• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member in DC area

Peter61Sprite

Freshman Member
Greetings all, I'm a new member with a recently purchased 1961 Sprite, very similar to the 1962 MG Midget that my mother drove when I was young. We had that, a MG 1100, an Austin America, then a BMW 1600. My oldest brother drove an Austin A40, then a Sunbeam Talbot 90, he still has his 1957 MGA and hopes to start the restoration this winter. Another brother had a 3000 MkIII Healey.
My Sprite is white with black interior, with a bit of rod knock, but no major rust, just a bit of surface rust here and there. It will be a more economical option for summer/spring/fall driving to work and for fun. I plan to get the motor out this fall and rebuild it, or find a 1275 to rebuild instead.
I have a 1965 Jaguar 3.8S that I redid, and plan to have the sills and paint done this winter.
Cheers,
Peter

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to our humble forum, Peter! You will be right at home in our Sprigets forum where we discuss Sprites and Midgets! By the way, my sister lives not far from you out in Seven Park.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Peter

Welcome to the forum.

You will get plenty of tips, help and advice for your Sprite in the Spridget section.

Post some photos of your Sprite.

David

OP
P

Peter61Sprite

Freshman Member
Here's a picture of my '61 Sprite on it's way to my house and a picture of my mother's 1962 Midget with her dad driving it, circa 1965. IMG_4109.jpgIMG_4104.jpgI have not done anything major to the car yet, just getting lights and gauges working. Has a bit of rod knock, so the motor will come out this winter. Still a 948 cc, just got my hertiage certificate from England this week.
Cheers,
Peter