• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tuskegee Airman/Austin Healey Racer

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That is *quite* a story. Thanks for posting.

One of the Tuskegee airmen lived just down the road from me. Oh, the stories he could tell - many of which weren't all that uplifting. After WW2 he returned to the States. He's in uniform. Another passenger on the DC-3 says "Boy, carry my bags".

Wow.

Tom M.

OP
glemon

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
One of the Tuskegee Airmen was a teacher at my high school, I was too young and fixated on cars and girls to recognize the significance then, would have/should have thanked him for his service and would have loved to have heard his story.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Grew up hearing tales of them, my Old Man held them in high regard.

Country flag
When Red Tails was released a few years back, they held a special screening here in Chicago and several surviving members were in attendance. We had a chance to speak with a few of them after the movie and thank them for their service.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I have a great movie in my iTunes movie library called "Red Tails." Great movie!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I bought the same one on DVD, so far I guess I've watched it 4 or 5 times! I also have another called, "The Tuskegee Airmen". Like both of them. :encouragement:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Alexander "Jeff" Jefferson was shot down and became a German held POW, quite the character too. Career Officer and retired in '69 as a Lt.Col.

Only seen recordings of him but would love to meet him. Now apparently 96!

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Today, I was working on a BT-13 that was assigned to Tuskegee Field in World War II. I know that both Charles McGee and Benjamin Davis had in their logbooks that they had flown the plane -- wonder how many others had as well. It was definitely with quite a bit of awe as I worked on the plane knowing it's history.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Today, I was working on a BT-13 that was assigned to Tuskegee Field in World War II. I know that both Charles McGee and Benjamin Davis had in their logbooks that they had flown the plane -- wonder how many others had as well. It was definitely with quite a bit of awe as I worked on the plane knowing it's history.

What an amazing honor! :thumbsup:

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Traveling through Omaha airport on Friday I took a little time to take in the memorial they had to the Tuskegee Airmen.

I had noticed it many times before but had never taken the time to study all the photos and articles on display. A great memorial to that group of Airmen.

David

The Tuskegee Airmen.jpg
The Tuskegee Airmen 2.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
One of my co-workers wife has this gentleman for an uncle.