• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Car reliability

bobhustead

Gold
Country flag
Just got back to NC, where we keep a 99 jeep and a 59 TR3, after 9 mos away. For the second year in a row the jeep needed an idle air control. TR cranked up immediately after a few fuel pump lever strokes and runs perfectly.
Bob

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The simpler the machine, the fewer things to fail.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'm a fairly simple person meself. :smirk:

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I am always defending my old British cars saying how they are not nearly as bad reliability wise as people make them out to be. That being said the other day I was changing the plugs on my wife's Honda Fit which had an occasional hiccup, but wasn't throwing any codes that my cheap OBDII could read.

I was thinking what a bitch it was to change the plugs compared to my Triumph, then reflected upon 12 years of ownership and 80,000 miles on the Honda, and first time I had the plugs out or have done anything beyond brake pads, tires and fluids...