• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Awesome drive tonight

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Bit of a back story - first of all it is Canada Day, secondly a heat wave. So, we had decided to have a BBQ - unfortunately almost no one could come so we decided to re-schedule to a quieter time. Well about 4 PM the one invitee who didn't get the message showed up. Fortunately a very long time friend (we went to seminary together) so, we rolled with it and had supper together (with our daughter as well)

Came time for her to head home - we have this ongoing um "discussion" about how she gets home - she wants to take the subway, I explain that safe as it is I am not about to let a single woman take public transit later in the evening - so I drive her home. Tonight the "bribe" was that we could go in the MG.

It was awesome! Typically I don't like driving in the city but, driving alongside the lake as the sun is setting is pretty awesome and doubly so driving home in the early dark. I saw a corvette convertible, mustang, 2 maseratis (one convertible) and yet everyone waved at me - hmm maybe something about driving a small British car. :grin: Oh and then I just wound it up coming back down the Lake Shore - enjoying the roarty sound of the exhaust and all of a sudden passed a radar trap - quick glance at the speedo and, yup, two mile over the limit! no problem but it sure feels fast!

Finally the last mile or so home and the fireworks had started (oh and part of the lakeshore way home was already set up for the Molson Indy) all in all a great ride!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Funny how the best experiences are unplanned, spur-of-the-moment.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sounds like a spending ride! As for the 2 miles over the speed limit, if you get pulled over just explain that it's a British car and the Speedometer is not necessarily accurate.